Monday, June 24, 2013

Introduction


Welcome to my first blog! By reading this you will get an inside look into what I will be learning for one of the classes that's part of my Instructional Media Master's degree. Here is my first assignment:

"Post an introductory blog that answers each of the following questions. The challenge, in the spirit of today's concise, Twitter-driven forms of communication, is to answer each question in 140 characters or less (approximately 20-25 words)."
  • Who are you and what do you do? 
    • My name is Chris Duckett and I teach all subjects to 5th-8th graders at UCA Elementary School in Spangle, WA.
  • What is your primary goal for taking this course?
    • To gain more ideas and tools that will help me keep my students on the edge of their seats learning!
  • What is your philosophy of education?
    • To help children get to know Jesus, make positive choices, grow from experience and hard work, and acquire the skills necessary to accomplish their goals.
  • What do you see as the greatest benefit of using technology and/or digital media in the classroom?
    • Getting students excited about learning and making learning more engaging and interactive.
  • What is your biggest concern or challenge with using technology and/or digital media in the classroom?
    • Using it too much so that students' would not be able to practice their face-to-face communication skills.
  • Provide an example of how you currently use technology and/or digital media in the classroom.
    • I use a document camera connected with a projector so that students can watch me proofread sentences with them.
  • How does your classroom today differ from when you were the same age as your students?
    • Today's classroom has many more computers, with multiple online resources and tools.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Chris. Welcome to EDIM 508! I love your philosophy of education. :)

    ReplyDelete