Sunday, July 9, 2017

Edulastic Review

To help with assessing students, I decided to check out Edulastic. What attracted me to this Web 2.0 tool was that it enables a teacher to not only create an original web-based assessment from an item bank of 80K+ questions and 30+ tech-enhanced question types, but also grades, tracks standard mastery, and shows real-time progress of each student as they take the assessment. It looked like it had great potential for helping me streamline how I grade and analyze math assessments since I now have a 1:1 Chromebook setting and am required to track standard mastery with my students. Signing up was easy, especially since I used my Google account. Edulastic conveniently has a Demo class that lets you view what data you can see and how it can be analyzed. I was very impressed with what I saw (in the screenshots), and immediately wanted to give it a go. The only holdup was that when I went to create my own class, my school system's standards were not included in the big list of various state and organizational standards Edulastic had already compiled from around the country. So in essence, it would be useless to me. So I decided to try my luck at calling Edulastic to inquire about adding my school system's standards. When I did on July 7, they said that it would be no problem to do that. All that I needed to do was either fill out a Google Doc template they would share with me, or simply email them my 4th grade math standards. They said they would be happy to accommodate my request. So I'm very excited about the potential of this tool, but am still waiting for Edulastic to give me access to the template...



No comments:

Post a Comment