Monday, July 17, 2017

Photo-a-Day Challenge

I was inspired (required) by my teacher this week to do a photo-a-day challenge. This sounded fun because I have always enjoyed photography - capturing humorous, beautiful, and thought-provoking moments. When I was in high school, I had the pleasure of taking a black and white photography course in which we developed our own film and made our own prints in a dark room. From that moment on I discovered how much fun it was to take my camera out and about and see what might appear that captured my attention and imagination. Here are a couple photos from that class that I took.



To figure out the theme of my challenge for this week, I found a photo-a-day challenge website that had some good reasons for taking the challenge and possible goals for doing it. One of the reasons for doing it that resonated with me (as a teacher) is to use photography to document things that I've learned or observed. And being that the two photos above are nature-related, I thought it would be fun to take a photo-a-day of nature. Actually, I'll probably take a bunch and then just post my best/favorite from each day. I'll be using my iPhone 6 to do so, since its always in my pocket and produces a quality I'm happy with for this project.

Here is my first nature picture from today, purple cherry tomatoes from our back yard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment