Sunday, July 9, 2017

Pixton Review

Writing and grammar can be challenging to get students excited about sometimes, but Pixton, an online comic creator, hopes to change that. My first impression of it from their homepage is that it looks really fun and easy to use to create professional looking comic strips. With the visual aesthetics, students will definitely be motivated to use this creative tool and write quality stories because they can then share their work with peers and even the online world! I signed up, which was really easy with my Google account. (I have to say that the features for a free account are not that bad at all). Then Pixton gave me a nice introductory tutorial into how to use their software. It walked me step-by-step through all their tools, which by the end of it, had helped me successfully create my first Pixton comic strip! I can't believe how easy Pixton made it for me to do this! I know for a fact now that my 4th graders will not only love this tool, but they will be able to confidently use it to create original art and writing projects.

After publishing a comic strip, you can easily share on social media, email someone a link to it, embed it on a blog or website (like this one), download it, or print it. It will be a great option for students to have for assignments like a book report, creative writing project, or just a fun art project.

No comments:

Post a Comment